Opening Day 2018
The day we’ve all been waiting for is finally here – opening day of 2018 major league baseball! Our Arizona Diamondbacks are hosting the Colorado Rockies in their first regular-season game on March 29th, and the game and celebration will be a great one.
The D-backs announced their full list of scheduled festivities, ceremonies and giveaways before the game, including:
- An Opening Day Street Festival beginning at 4pm in front of the Gila River Casinos Plaza along Fourth Street and Jackson Street. Food trucks, D-backs inflatables and live music will be a part of the festival.
- Rally towels and a 2018 D-backs schedule magnet for the first 40,000 fans
- Presentations of the National League Manager of the Year award to D-backs manager Torey Lovullo, a Silver Slugger award to D-backs first baseman Paul Goldschmidt, and Gold Glove Awards to Goldschmidt and pitcher Zack Greinke.
- A national anthem rendition by Roger Clyne, who sings the “D-backs Swing” song heard at the end of every D-backs home win.
- A flyover by four F-16s from the 309th Fighter Squadron at Luke Air Force base at the end of the national anthem.
- A ceremonial first pitch by members of all six D-backs teams to advance to the postseason: Erubiel Durazo (1999), Luis Gonzalez (2001), Mark Grace (2002), Brandon Webb (2007), J.J. Putz (2011), and Archie Bradley (2017).
The D-backs have added cabanas and other amenities at Chase Field heading into the 2018 season, and a number of food and drink options have been added to the Chase Field menu.